Engel Hall was constructed between 1959 and 1961. It was originally called Biochemistry and Nutrition Building.
Engel Hall340 West Campus Drive
The main offices, core facilities, and most research laboratories for the Department of Biochemistry are found in Engel Hall.
There is also a Biochemistry Library that houses current research journals and personal computers for molecular graphics, modeling, and literature searches.
Ruben William Engel
Engel Hall honors the memory of Ruben William Engel, an employee from 1952 to 1978. He was founding head of the Department of Biochemistry and Nutrition, associate dean of the School of Agriculture, and the campus on-site advisor to the Philippine National Nutrition Program. A nationally prominent nutritionist, he received the International Award of Distinction Service to Agriculture for humanitarian work in the Philippines and Fellow status in the American Institute of Nutrition.
- Originally Built:
- Map Grid:
- Abbreviation / Number:
- ENGEL / 110
- 37.2234, -80.42351