The Armory, built in 1936, is one of Blacksburg's historic buildings and a former community gymnasium.
Armory201 Draper Road NW
The Armory is home to the School of Visual Arts' main office, gallery, and classrooms for its foundations and drawing programs.
The structure's high ceilings and natural light furnish a striking example of innovative architectural conversion. A prominent feature of the building is a 1,700-square-foot mezzanine.
The Armory Art Gallery inside is operated as an educational and outreach service of the university. Its exhibition calendar includes work by students, faculty, and artists of regional and national importance.
- Originally Built:
- Map Grid:
- Abbreviation / Number:
- ARMRY / 269
- 37.22932, -80.41592