Real Estate for Commercial Properties
The goal of Real Estate at Virginia Tech's highly ranked academic program is to provide students with broad knowledge from the initial idea of a real estate asset through the life cycle of the asset. No matter where one works in the industry, this industry knowledge is essential as real estate professionals work with peers from all aspects of the industry during their careers.
The Pamplin College of Business offers three real estate majors.
Commercial Development and Investment
- This major prepares students for careers in commercial real estate brokerage and leasing, investment analysis, development, property management and other commercial real estate professions.
- Students often select a second major such as Building Construction, Property Management or Marketing or choose a minor including Business, Entrepreneurship or Professional Sales, adding specialization to their education.
- Students graduate with a BS Real Estate degree, Commercial Development major.
Residential Development and Investment
- This major prepares students for careers in residential real estate sales, development, investment, community planning, and other residential real estate professions.
- Students choose a minor in Entrepreneurship, Professional Sales, Residential Design or Smart and Sustainable Cities, adding specialization to their education.
- Students graduate with a BS Real Estate degree, Residential Development and Investment major.
Real Estate Finance
- This major prepares students for careers financing real estate projects such as debt origination, underwriting, portfolio analysis and other real estate finance professions.
- Finance and Real Estate collaborated to create this major to enable students receive deep knowledge of finance and broad knowledge or real estate.
- Students graduate with a BS Business Administration, Real Estate Finance major AND the Commercial Development and Investment as a second major that is noted above.