The high schools included in those service areas are located in the New River Valley and Roanoke Valley of Southwest Virginia, including:
- Blacksburg High School
- Christiansburg High School
- Eastern Montgomery High School
- Auburn High School
- Pulaski High School
- Floyd High School
- Narrows High School
- Giles High School
- Radford High School
- Dayspring Christian Academy
- Southwest Virginia Governor's School
- Roanoke Valley Governor's School
- Patrick Henry High School
- William Fleming High School
- Cave Spring High School
- Hidden Valley High School
- Northside High School
- Glenvar High School
- William Byrd High School
- Salem High School
- Lord Botetourt High School
- James River High School
- North Cross School
- Roanoke Catholic School
Criteria to participate
Students must be academically prepared to attend Virginia Tech in the major they select. Although the review is holistic, taking into consideration several attributes, there are minimum requirements to participate in onsite admission, including:
- minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA (with no Ds or Fs and minimal Cs)
- evidence of college-level work with attempting an advance curriculum (either through honors, AP, Dual Enrollment, or IB courses) and
- have met with either a school counselor or admissions counselor to finalize major selection for the Virginia Tech application.
Deadline to participate
In order to receive an early notification of admission, a completed application must be received by end-of-day on Monday, October 3rd. Your accompanying academic materials are due by Thursday, October 6th. Students can apply with CommonApp found on our apply page.
Delivery of decision
Decisions will be placed in the mail by early-November.
While counselors will not need to provide a list of students to be considered, a list would be helpful by Monday, October 3rd to ensure no student is missed. Our office will review all students from the qualified school who completed the application by the deadline to be considered for onsite admission. A request to meet with you to discuss applicants will be scheduled in mid-October. A list of student application decisions will be provided to you by early-November.
For more information, please contact James Pennix at firstname.lastname@example.org.