Testing for COVID-19
Testing information for fall 2022
Updated: Sept. 16, 2022
WHERE CAN I GET A COVID-19 TEST?
Beginning Aug. 29 2022, voluntary testing through VTNotify will no longer be offered as announced in this message on Aug. 8.
The university will provide at-home rapid tests to students through the Schiffert Health Center for those who are unable to obtain an at-home test elsewhere. Tests can be picked up at the service window at the entrance of the Schiffert Health Center with a valid Hokie Passport. Students who are experiencing symptoms should contact Schiffert at 540-231-6444 to schedule an appointment with a provider.
Symptomatic employees who think they may have COVID-19 or have been in close contact with someone who has the virus, should contact their local health care provider, the Virginia Department of Health, or a local urgent care facility to be tested.
Symptomatic and non-symptomatic employees are encouraged to visit the VDH website to find free COVID-19 testing sites throughout Virginia. Kits may also be obtained through the U.S. federal government, available only through Friday, Sept. 2*, and participating community libraries. Virginia Tech Human Resources will maintain a small inventory of test kits to meet unforeseen circumstances; employees can contact the HR Service Center for more information.
* NOTE: Effective Friday, Sept. 2, 2022, the federal government is suspending the free at-home COVID-19 test program.
Testing appointments can also be scheduled at certain pharmacies and urgent care facilities throughout Virginia for employees and students.
Please note, because of ongoing construction on the Blacksburg campus, refer to the Campus Closures Map and Google or Waze for the latest road interruptions to plan your route.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
- For medical questions only, please contact Schiffert Health Center at 540-231-6444.
- For any non-medical questions or questions about the fall semester, the Dean of Students office is available to help students at 540-231-3787.
- For international students, please refer to communications from Cranwell International Center for additional details and information. Call the center at 540-231-6527 or email at email@example.com.
- Graduate students can contact the Virginia Tech Graduate School at 540-231-6691.
- Employees should contact their manager, HR partner, or Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-231-9331.