Last updated: March 10, 2021
Virginia Tech is a global land-grant university. Whether it is research supporting the development of agricultural products for export, or attracting global talent to the commonwealth to drive our technology-based economy, or providing our Virginia students with opportunities to engage with the full range of lived experiences represented by our international students and scholars, our missions are inexorably global in nature.
Resources at Virginia Tech
If you have questions, please contact one of the sites below for assistance.
- International students
Cranwell International Center — firstname.lastname@example.org, 540-231-6527
- International visitors and employees
International Support Services — email@example.com, 540-231-6459
- AdvantageVT and Intensive English students
Language and Culture Institute — firstname.lastname@example.org, 540-231-9814
- Study in the States — Government resources that explain the rules and regulations governing the international student process in the U.S.
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services: Working in the US — Information for students, exchange visitors, temporary workers, and permanent workers.
- Department of State: U.S. Visa — Up-to-date information on traveling to the United States.
- Higher Ed Immigration Portal — Information about DACA, undocumented, other immigrant, international, and refugee students and related policies.
- Coronavirus Critical Resources — Resource links to help navigate issues arising from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Select Immigration-Related Executive Actions — Links to significant immigration-related changes instituted by the Biden administration.
Virginia Tech sites for assistance