Black College Institute
Are you interested in being a student staff leader for BCI?
Interested in Black College Institute?
Here's what you need to know
When is Black College Institute?
Save the dates for BCI 2023. There will be more information to come.
- Session 1 for juniors: June 11-14
- Session 2 for seniors: June 18-22
- Session 3 for seniors: June 25-29
Benefits of attending BCI
- Student engagement with various academic disciplines through hands-on learning and workshops within the context of the African-American cultural experience.
- College life experience of residential living, campus dining, collaborative projects in university classrooms and engagement with Virginia Tech’s faculty, staff, and students.
- Daily workshops on (1) navigating and completing the college application process and (2) applying for scholarships and financial aid.
- Students embrace Virginia Tech’s motto of Ut Prosim (That I May Serve) by completing a service learning project with university and local partnerships.
- Explore Virginia Tech’s departments and organizations to build lasting connections and learn about local resources available to them.
- Engage in fun virtual team building and activities.
- All programs are FREE of cost to students!
Participating VT Colleges and Departments
Questions and more
Black College Institute is co-sponsored by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and the Office for Inclusion and Diversity. For inquiries or for more information, contact us at email@example.com.
View a selection of photos from past BCI programs. BCI 2023 photos will be added at the conclusion of the program.
BCI in the News
Article ItemVirginia Tech receives Anthem Award for Black College Institute , article Date: Feb 25, 2022