Virginia Tech Innovation Campus K-12 Initiative
We believe computer science and STEM education are for all!
In the City of Alexandria and beyond, the Virginia Tech Innovation Campus is committed to inspiring, motivating, and preparing K-12 students for technology careers. We believe that starting in elementary school, all children should have access to computer science and STEM content and skills needed to thrive in the global society. Through cross sector partnerships, we work to transform K-12 education.
The Innovation Campus is committed to:
- Making computer science and STEM accessible in K-12 learning environments.
- Building new pathways for students to pursue their postsecondary goals.
- Collaborating with innovators to prepare more K-12 teachers, administrators, students, and families for a digital world.
- Inspire and prepare the next generation of problem solvers with computing and STEM pathway experiences for the future of work.
- Partner with K-12 teachers to transform classroom instruction with innovative, research-based approaches.
- Convene stakeholders annually to create and update a roadmap to innovation and tech talent in K-12 and beyond.
- Evaluate the impact of innovative programs, partnerships, and policy work.
K-12 STEM and Computing Events for 2023
The Virginia Tech Innovation Campus has an exciting line-up of events scheduled for 2023 aimed at supporting STEM education and computing in the D.C. Area.
Use our registration form to volunteer or support any of the events as an individual, a business or a community organization!
- To be announced.
For additional information on Innovation Campus K-12 initiatives, contact Dr. Pamela O. Gilchrist (email@example.com) Director, K-12 Education.
Subscribe to receive information on upcoming science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and computer science (STEM+C) events for students and families