Virginia Tech takes a hands-on, engaging approach to education, preparing scholars to be leaders in their fields and communities. As the commonwealth’s most comprehensive university and its leading research institution, Virginia Tech offers 250 undergraduate and graduate degree programs to more than 33,000 students and manages a research portfolio of more than $504 million. The university fulfills its land-grant mission of transforming knowledge to practice through technological leadership and by fueling economic growth and job creation locally, regionally, and across Virginia.
Through a combination of its three missions of learning, discovery, and engagement, Virginia Tech continually strives to accomplish the charge of its motto Ut Prosim (That I May Serve).
At a Glance
- Located in Blacksburg, Virginia
- Nine colleges and graduate school
- 100+ bachelor's degree programs
- 150 master's and doctoral degree programs
- 33,170 students on and off the main campus
- 16:1 student-faculty ratio
- Main campus includes 213 buildings, 2,600 acres, and an airport
- Facilities across the state and around the globe, including a strong presence in Northern Virginia and the nation's capital
- Ranked 44th in university research in the United States
- Has adjacent corporate research center