Upcoming Commencement Dates
- Printable Fall Commencement Guide
- Friday, December 16: University and Graduate School Commencement Ceremonies
- University Ceremony video: Watch here
- Graduate School Ceremony video: Watch here
- Photo gallery
- Thursday, May 11: Graduate Commencement Ceremony - 2:30 p.m. in Cassell Coliseum
- Friday, May 12: University Commencement - 8:30 a.m. in Lane Stadium
Friday, May 12: College and Departmental Ceremonies - times and locations to be determined
- Saturday, May 13: College and Departmental Commencement Ceremonies - times and locations to be determined
- Sunday, May 14: National Capital Region Commencement Ceremony- time and location to be determined
Guide to Graduation
Commencement Phone Line
Additional information is available at (540) 231-3208.
In the event of inclement weather, the University Ceremony at Lane Stadium may be delayed or canceled. Once a decision has been made, details will be posted on the Virginia Tech homepage (www.vt.edu), the Virginia Tech News homepage (www.vtnews.vt.edu), and university social media channels including the VT News page on Twitter (www.twitter.com/vtnews) and the Virginia Tech page on Facebook (www.facebook.com/virginiatech). In addition, an email will be sent to all students, faculty, and staff; a recorded message will be placed on the University Weather Line (540-231-6668); and information will be shared with area news media outlets. The university may use VT Alerts depending on conditions.