Black College Institute
Black College Institute 2022 at Virginia Tech
Summer 2022 - The Black College Institute is an academic summer enrichment program by Virginia Tech. It hosts talented, high-achieving and academically curious rising high school juniors and seniors.
When is Black College Institute?
Save the dates for BCI 2023. There will be more information to come.
- Session 1 for juniors: June 11-13
- Session 2 for seniors: June 18-22
- Session 3 for seniors: June 25-29
Benefits of attending BCI
- Student engagement with various academic disciplines through hands-on learning and workshops within the context of the African-American cultural experience.
- College life experience of residential living, campus dining, collaborative projects in university classrooms and engagement with Virginia Tech’s faculty, staff, and students.
- Daily workshops on (1) navigating and completing the college application process and (2) applying for scholarships and financial aid.
- Students embrace Virginia Tech’s motto of Ut Prosim (That I May Serve) by completing a service learning project with university and local partnerships.
- Explore Virginia Tech’s departments and organizations to build lasting connections and learn about local resources available to them.
- Engage in fun virtual team building and activities.
- All programs are FREE of cost to students!
Participating VT Colleges and Departments
View a selection of photos from past BCI programs. BCI 2023 photos will be added at the conclusion of the program.
BCI in the News