Virginia Tech Principles of Community
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world community. Learning from the experiences that shape Virginia Tech as an institution, we acknowledge those aspects of our legacy that reflected bias and exclusion.
Therefore, we adopt and practice our Principles of Community as fundamental to our ongoing efforts to increase access and inclusion and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members.
- Read the entire Principles of Community statement
Office of Equity and Access
- Read Virginia Tech's Anti-Discrimination and Harassment Prevention Policy (PDF)
InclusiveVT is a university-wide effort to advance inclusion and diversity initiatives on campus.
See a breakdown of the student population by race and gender.
2013-18 Diversity Strategic Plan
- For faculty/staff
- For students
Documents and Reports
The provost's website archive includes extensive records of Virginia Tech's ongoing commitment to campus diversity and multiculturalism.
Programs and services for the diverse campus community.
The faculty, employees, and students of Virginia Tech seek to
- Develop and sustain an increasingly diverse and inclusive community of learners
- Develop an appreciation for and understanding of the benefits of a multicultural perspective
- Establish a set of policies, programs, practices, and resources necessary to achieve excellence, equity, and effectiveness in the research, teaching and learning, and outreach activities of the university