The team from Virginia Tech poses on the playground equipment that they built during a March 2009 visit to a school in the Dominican Republic. Photo by Jack Davis
The Punta Cana service abroad project was sponsored by the Alumni Association, the School of Architecture + Design, and the College of Architecture and Urban Studies at Virginia Tech, Peacework, the Puntacana Ecological Foundation, and the Punta Cana-Bávaro Rotary Club. Participating are listed below.
- Benjamin Coffman
- Tamara Davis
- David MacDonald
- Corey MacDonald
- Roger Quick
- Heather Burke
Faculty and administration
- Jack Davis, dean of the College of Architecture and Urban Studies
- Tom Tillar, vice president for Alumni Relations
- Josh Burnheimer, assistant director of Alumni Relations
- William Galloway, associate professor of architecture
- Dean Bork, associate professor of landscape architecture
- Carson Davis, son of Jack Davis
- Sadia Siddiqi, architecture graduate student from Ellicott City, Md.
- Robert “Kent” Hipp, fourth-year landscape architecture student from Salem, Va.
- Autumn Visconti, fourth-year landscape architecture student from Laurel, Del.
- Ashley Parsons, landscape architecture graduate student from Blacksburg, Va.
- Katrina Huber, architecture graduate student from Marion, Va.
- Jeff Stolz, fourth-year architecture student from Southington, Conn.
- Ellie Rigby, graduate student in building construction, also a Peacework staff member