Areas of Research
Virginia Tech's strategic plan affirms the university's commitment to achieving excellence as a comprehensive land-grant university that makes innovative contributions in learning, discovery, and engagement.
The Discovery Scholarship Domain outlines the university's commitments to research and creative scholarship in strategically important areas, drawing on established strengths and building resources to capture opportunities and produce quality research.
The strategic priorities in the Discovery Scholarship Domain are the following:
- Energy, materials, and environment
- Innovative technologies and complex systems
- Social and individual transformation
- Health, food, and nutrition
See groups that conduct research in each Discovery Domain Area.
Visit the Research homepage.
- Fralin Fellow aims to create the most bee-friendly flower garden in Virginia 07/24/2017
- Marc Edwards receives inaugural award from MIT Media Lab for work in Flint, Michigan 07/21/2017
- Fralin Fellow develops coding system to better determine how parent-child communication impacts pediatric obesity 07/20/2017