Finally. It's time for fall move-in.
Welcome to campus. Move-in for students who will be living on campus is Wednesday through Saturday, Aug. 19-22. Students may check in between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- During move-in days, Washington Street is one-way from west to east (from Duck Pond Drive toward Kent Street and downtown Blacksburg).
- Once you find a few landmarks, getting around campus is easy. If you need help, you can read and download maps of campus online or online through Hokie Mobile for iOS and Android. You also can download a special move-in map.
- Streets and parking lots closest to the residence halls are designated as "30-minute unloading zones." You will receive a special parking permit when you check into your residence hall, so do that first. Here are the details.
- If you have other parking questions, start with these FAQs.
The Big Day
- Armed with bright blue T-shirts, moving carts, water bottles, and helping hands, Hokie Helpers will be available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday through Friday, Aug. 19-21, and from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 22. Once you've moved in, feel free to join the team of volunteers. We're all about Ut Prosim (That I May Serve) here.
- Dining plans begin at 4 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 20. Find out which dining centers are open online.
- Residence hall staff will hold floor meetings before the start of classes. Look for schedules posted in your building or check with your resident advisor directly. You should attend at least one floor meeting.
- Complete your apartment or residence hall room with pieces from the Ytoss sale, the YMCA at Virginia Tech's largest sustainability initiative. It's Wednesday and Thursday, Aug. 19-20, in McComas Hall.
- Classes start Monday, Aug. 24.
Good to Know
Download a map
Read or download the Move-In Map for 2014 (PDF | 8MB).