We're ready for you! The residence halls opened Wednesday, Aug. 21.
- During move-in days, Washington Street will become one-way from west to east (from Duck Pond Drive toward Kent Street and downtown Blacksburg).
- Once you find a few landmarks, getting around campus is easy. If you need help, you can read and download maps of campus as PDFs or online through Hokie Mobile for iOS and Android. You also can download a special move-in map.
- Streets and parking lots closest to the residence halls will be designated as "30-minute unloading zones." You will receive a special parking permit when you check into your residence hall, so do that first. Here are the details.
- A parking map is available as a PDF.
- If you have other parking questions, start with these FAQs.
The Big Day
- Armed with moving carts, friendly smiles, water bottles, and helping hands, Hokie Helpers will be available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday, Aug. 21-24. Once you've moved in, feel free to join the team of volunteers. We're all about Ut Prosim (That I May Serve) here.
- Dining plans begin at 4:01 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 22. Find out which dining centers are open online.
- And then classes start Monday, Aug. 26.
Good to Know