Directions and parking information
To reach campus from Interstate 81 (southbound and northbound)
- Take Exit 118 to reach the exit ramps for all three of the exits at this location. There is only one exit ramp serving the exits; missing the ramp means a trip north to Exit 128 or south to Exit 114 to turn around.
- Take Exit 118B onto U.S. 460 West. This exit connects directly to the Christiansburg Bypass. Follow the signs for Blacksburg/Virginia Tech. The U.S. 460 bypass between Blacksburg and Christiansburg is a limited-access highway from I-81 to the campus entrance.
- To reach the Visitor's Center (for parking passes), continue on U.S. 460 for 8.5 miles to the Prices Fork Road exit for "Downtown." Turn right at the first traffic light on Prices Fork Road. Take an immediate right into the Visitor's Center.
From the Visitor's Center to Newman Library
- Continue on Price's Fork Road towards "Downtown."
- At the traffic circle, turn right onto N. Main Street.
- Continue through downtown Blacksburg and turn right onto Washington Street.
- Turn right onto Otey Street.
- The Squires Student Center parking lot is the last right before you reach College Avenue.
- From the Squires Student Center parking lot, cross the street to the plaza and take a left in front of the student center.
- Pass the Donaldson Brown Graduate Life Center and fountain.
- Newman Library will be on your right, across from the University Bookstore. The Study Café is on the first floor behind the glass wall.