Factbook: Faculty/Staff Overview
(Dollars in thousands)
- The figures for this table are taken from an Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System report titled "Salaries, Tenure, and Fringe Benefits of Full-Time Instructional Faculty."
- Lecturers, research associates, and administrators above the department level are excluded.
- All salaries have been reported on an academic-year-equivalent basis. The salaries of 12-month faculty members have been converted by a factor of nine-elevenths.
|Full-Time Instructional Faculty||1,306||1,368||1,422||1,427||1,443|
|Other Faculty & Research Associates||1,826||1,954||2,083||2,263||2,418|
|P14s (instructional only)||273||264||249||238||218|
|Total Faculty & Support Staff||6,866||7,035||7,263||7,448||7,546|
|Percent of Instructional Faculty Tenured||61.9||61.7||61.1||62.0||61.0|
- Faculty data are based on full-time instructional faculty paid 50 percent or more from instructional funds.
- Percent tenured is based on full-time instructional faculty who are tenured (does not include those on tenure track).
Other University Rankings
Virginia Tech is consistently recognized for its value and the quality of its programs. These rankings represent a few of the broader measures of excellence that the university garners.