Wallace Hall contains the administrative offices for the College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences, as well as the college's Department of Apparel, Housing, and Resource Management and the Department of Human Development.
Also inside are
Wallace Hall memorializes Maude Emma Wallace, city Extension agent (1917-19), home demonstration agent (1929-37), head of home economics (1937-39), and assistant director of Extension (1938-59) at Virginia Polytechnic Institute (now Virginia Tech). A powerhouse in her field, Wallace made home demonstration work in Virginia effective and efficient and reestablished VPI's home economics department. Among her national and state honors were the U.S. Department of Agriculture Superior Service Award and Progressive Farmer Magazine's Woman of the Year.
Wallace Hall was constructed 1966-68. Its basement and first two stories were occupied in 1969. Construction on additional stories was under way from 1990-92.
Address: 295 West Campus Drive | Map Grid: K-8
Originally Built: 1966 | Abbreviation: WAL
Latitude: 37.22297 | Longitude: -80.42427