Rasche Hall, a residence hall on the Upper Quad, is home to 286 members of the Corps of Cadets.
Five floors; 62,491 square feet.
Rasche Hall memorializes William Henry "Bosco" Rasche, professor of mechanism and descriptive geometry from 1895 to 1951. Rasche was a cantankerous yet brilliant professor who enjoyed making mincemeat of sophomores. They, in turn, christened him "Bosco" after seeing a snake-eater of that name at a carnival. A student here who never graduated, he moved through the ranks to become head of the Department of Graphics and Mechanism. Two Bugle yearbooks were dedicated to the greatly respected teacher.
Rasche Hall includes an old section (Barracks No. 2) that was completed in 1894 and a newer section, which was built in 1957 on the site of the First Academic Building.
Address: 260 Alumni Mall | Map Grid: N-3
Originally Built: 1957 | Abbreviation: RASCH
Latitude: 37.23076 | Longitude: -80.41896