O'Shaughnessy Hall is home to 341 co-ed residents.
Seven floors plus a penthouse; 69,211 square feet.
O'Shaughnessy Hall is named for 1903 alumnus Louis O'Shaughnessy, who worked at his alma mater from 1918 to 1954 as a professor, head of applied mechanics, acting dean of engineering, and director of graduate studies. Renowned for his memory, O'Shaughnessy taught mathematics and engineering-related courses before becoming the first head of applied mechanics, which he built into a strong department. He served the Athletic Council for a quarter-century and spent years heading freshman orientation week.
Construction started in 1965 and was completed in fall 1966.
Address: 530 Washington St. SW | Map Grid: N-6
Originally Built: 1966 | Abbreviation: OSHA
Latitude: 37.22538 | Longitude: -80.41832