The center was dedicated in 1995.
The William E. Lavery Animal Health Research Center includes more than 65 laboratories and several related research facilities designed to support clinical and basic research at the Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine. Major laboratories include
- Biochemistry/Pharmacology Resource Laboratory
- Flow Cytometry Resource Laboratory
- Physiology and Clinical Research Laboratory
- Toxicology Resource Laboratory
- Ultrastructure Resource Laboratory
- Clinical Nutrition Laboratory
- Center for Neurotoxicity Studies,
- Epidemiology and Statistics Consulting Laboratory
William E. Lavery
William E. Lavery joined the Virginia Tech staff in 1966 as director of administration for the Extension Division. He served as vice president for finance; as executive vice president and was named the university's 12th president in fall 1974. During his tenure, two of the university’s signature facilities were developed: the Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine and the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center. He resigned as president of Virginia Tech on Oct. 16, 1987, effective Dec. 31, 1987. He was appointed honorary chancellor and named the Preston Professor of International Affairs, effective Jan. 1, 1988. He was appointed president emeritus upon his retirement on Aug. 1, 1991. He died in 2009.
Map Grid: J-11
Building Number: 146A
Originally Built: 1995