G. Burke Johnston Student Center
George Burke Johnston
The building honors the memory of George Burke Johnston, an English faculty member who left in 1933 and returned in 1950 as dean of the School of Applied Science and Business Administration and then became dean of the School of Science and General Studies, the first dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, and the C. P. Miles Professor of English. A Renaissance man, Johnston had a zest for life that attracted the admiration of all who met him.
Needing a satellite student activities center, Virginia Tech constructed in 1990 the G. Burke Johnston Student Center, known on campus as GBJ.
Address: 920 West Campus Drive | Map Grid: K-4
Originally Built: 1990 | Abbreviation: GBJ
Latitude: 37.22922 | Longitude: -80.42458