Jamerson Athletic Center houses administrative offices and other facilities for the Athletics Department. Among the more notable facilities in the building are the Jim “Bulldog” Haren weight room and the Gordon D. Bowman Memorial Club Room, which is open to Hokie Club members.
The Jamerson Athletic Center honors 1956 alumnus William Edward "Bill" Jamerson, whose family business constructed the building. Jamerson helped found and headed several construction and related businesses and was an Atlantic Coast Conference official. His generosity and sound advice have enhanced Virginia Tech athletics, the building construction department, and the university's Center for European Studies and Architecture. Virginia Tech has recognized his contributions with its Alumni Distinguished Service Award and University Distinguished Achievement Award.
Jamerson Athletic Center was constructed in 1982.
Address: 510 Stadium Road | Map Grid: N-8
Originally Built: 1982 | Abbreviation: COL
Latitude: 37.22207 | Longitude: -80.4183