The Food Science and Technology Building offers analytical instrumentation, equipment, and research-scale pilot plant facilities for use by students. The building is home to a 5,000-square-foot processing area, a pilot-scale dairy processing area, a fully equipped research winery, a cutting-edge high-pressure processing area, and laboratories equipped for modern chemical, physical, and microbiological analyses.
The building was erected in 1952 as the Meat Processing Laboratory and additions were constructed in 1965 and 1968.
Address: 360 Duck Pond Drive | Map Grid: J-9
Originally Built: 1952 | Abbreviation: FST
Latitude: 37.21987 | Longitude: -80.42532