Durham Hall contains laboratories, offices and classrooms for various department in the College of Engineering, including the Charles E. Via, Jr. Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, the Grado Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering, and the Bradley Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- Find this building on Foursquare
Frederick Dewey Durham
Durham Hall was named for Frederick Dewey Durham, a 1921 alumnus and university benefactor. Durham purchased the C. Lee Cook company, which merged with three other companies to form Dover Corp., today a Fortune 500 manufacturing company. As president and chairman of Dover, he instituted management strategies still followed by the corporation. In recognition of his contributions, Virginia Tech's College of Engineering presented him with its Engineering Distinguished Alumnus award.
Durham Hall was built in 1997 and opened for classes in spring 1998. It was initially called the New Engineering Building before being renamed for Frederick Dewey Durham in 2000.
Address: 1145 Perry St. | Map Grid: L-2
Originally Built: 1997 | Abbreviation: DURHM
Latitude: 37.23174 | Longitude: -80.42382