Dietrick Hall is a dining center. There is also a convenience store, laundry area, and central bake shop.
- D2, an international, marketplace-style dining facility, opened in 2004, replacing The Depot at Dietrick. It serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner from eight shops: Salsas, with Mexican fare; Pan Asia, with wok-prepared Asian selections; Gauchos, featuring skewered meats and other Brazilian items; Mangia, with Italian pastas and more; Eden’s, with fresh vegetables and salads; East Side Deli, with made-to-order sandwiches; Olives, featuring Mediterranean vegan selections; and La Patisserie, with pastries and desserts.
- DXpress opened in 1995 on the lower level. It offers salads, burgers, late-night meals, and breakfast sandwiches.
- Deet's Place opened in 1994 as a specialty coffee, gourmet dessert, and ice cream shop.
Leander B. Dietrick
Dietrick Dining Center was named in 1968 for Leander Burton Dietrick, a professor and specialist in horticulture, Extension administrative assistant, Extension director, and dean of agriculture from 1923 to 1962. Known for his humorous anecdotes, "Deet" Dietrick established several academic departments at Virginia Tech, added Extension specialists in new fields, and worked through Extension to improve the status of Virginia's professional women. Among his many honors were the state Agribusiness Award and Man of the Year in Virginia Agriculture.
Building HistoryConstruction on Dietrick Hall began 1968 and was completed in 1970.
Address: 285 Ag Quad Lane | Map Grid: M-7
Originally Built: 1970 | Abbreviation: DTRIK
Latitude: 37.22454 | Longitude: -80.42111