Paul Neyron Derring
Derring Hall was named in 1967 for Paul Neyron Derring, who served as YMCA secretary, director of religious activities, and student activities building manager from 1918 to 1964. Blind since the age of 13, Derring made countless contributions to the college, served on the State Commission for the Visually Handicapped, led a fundraising effort to construct a new Blacksburg Baptist Church building, and served on the Blacksburg Town Council. He was a popular administrator among the students.
Derring Hall's construction began in 1967 and was completed in 1969.
Address: 1405 Perry St. | Map Grid: K-4
Originally Built: 1969 | Abbreviation: DER
Latitude: 37.22908 | Longitude: -80.4256