Campbell Hall is a residence hall in the Drillfield Community composed of two wings.
East Campbell is home to 163 female residents. Main Campbell houses 164 co-ed residents, primarily graduate students or undergraduate honors students.
Main Campbell Community is a residential honors program for students who have demonstrated superior academic ability. It is a companion program to the Hillcrest Community. Students in the Main Campbell Community live with other members of the University Honors program from all academic class levels.
Campbell Hall was named for Theodorick Pryor Campbell, who worked at Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (now Virginia Tech) from 1889 to 1924 as professor of modern languages, Academic Department head, dean of the general faculty, and dean of the college. Campbell also was appointed with another professor to serve jointly as the president on campus during the president's leave of absence.
Campbell Hall is composed of two wings: the west (or main) wing, originally known as Barracks No. 8 and completed in 1930, and the east wing, originally known as Barracks No. 9 and completed in 1940. It was known as the Stone Dormitory or Civilian Dormitory until it was named in 1952.
The building was closed at the end of fall 1966 for renovation, which was completed in 1968.
Address: 300, 320 Drillfield Drive | Map Grid: L-6
Originally Built: 1940 | Abbreviation: CAM
Latitude: 37.2262 | Longitude: -80.42153